COOKING DEMO WEBINAR: COOKING FOR ONE OR TWO
In this Cooking Demo with Emily Richards you will learn:
- To prepare a complete meal for just one or two people
- Tips on switching ingredients to suit your taste and budget
- Information on calcium and protein
- Cooking strategies for seniors
BREAKING MYTHS – NOT BONES
There are still a lot of myths out there about osteoporosis and its’ care and treatments. In this webinar special guest panelists discuss and dispel the most common myths in their field of expertise.
MANAGING OSTEOPOROSIS PATIENTS DURING COVID-19
This webinar featured an expert panel and was intended for Healthcare Professionals on managing osteoporosis patients during COVID-19. View this thought-provoking discussion focusing on challenges and solutions for managing your patients with osteoporosis during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COOKING WITH PANTRY STAPLES DURING COVID-19 WITH EMILY RICHARDS
This cooking webinar showcases meal ideas using shelf stable staples with calcium and protein. Learn how to make Oven Meatless Meatballs with Emily Richards, Professional Home Economist who also answers your cooking questions.
Emily Richards is a professional home economist, freelance food writer, chef and cookbook author who also enjoys culinary instruction for home cooks who want to learn more and have fun in the kitchen. She is the author and co-author of 9 cookbooks which include topics from Italian cuisine, weeknight dinners, glycemic index diets and comfort foods. Emily writes and develops recipes for cookbooks, print and online publications and websites that include everyday cooking and healthy eating.
EXERCISE AT HOME DURING COVID-19 WITH DR. LORA GIANGREGORIO
Dr. Lora Giangregorio outlines the types of exercise that are effective for fall and fracture prevention, and how to develop an exercise program at home.
Dr. Lora Giangregorio is a Professor and Schlegel Research Chair in Mobility and Aging in the Department of Kinesiology at the University of Waterloo, and an affiliated scientist with the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging, the University Health Network, and the Geriatric Education and Research in Aging Sciences Centre.
OSTEOPOROSIS – THE PATIENT JOURNEY
Dr. Shapiro is a family physician, health journalist for CTV, Canada AM and The Globe and Mail, author, and Associate Professor at the University of Toronto. In this free webinar, you will become familiar with the patient journey and understand the importance of knowing what a fracture can mean to you.
BONE MATTERS: DRUG-INDUCED OSTEOPOROSIS
In this video presentation Dr. Yuksel answers questions such as:
- The effects of drug-induced osteoporosis on bone loss and fracture risk
- How drug-induced osteoporosis is assessed
- The management of drugs that lead to bone loss and fractures
- Certain drugs that contribute to bone loss and increased fracture risk, including glucocorticoids, aromatase inhibitors for breast cancer and androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer
BONE MATTERS: FRACTURE RISK ASSESSMENT: FROM BASICS TO BAFFLIN
In this presentation Dr. Leslie covers:
- What is fracture risk assessment?
- How has the focus on fracture risk assessment improved patient care?
- What are the consequences of fracture?
- What is the care gap?
- Who requires medication?
BONE MATTERS: THE DILEMMAS OF D
Vitamin D is a crucial nutrient for bone health. In this presentation Stephanie Atkinson, PhD discusses:
- Vitamin D –why do we need it?
- Does the new Canada’s Food Guide provide good nutrition for bone health?
- Is it necessary to have Vitamin D status measured?
- Can I prevent bone fractures by taking extra Vitamin D?
- How do we make sure to get enough?