VOLUNTEER BOARD DIRECTOR
The OC Board holds three Board of Director meetings every year. There are two in person meetings every year usually in Toronto, and one teleconference meeting. Travel is required to Toronto for the in-person meetings. Travel expenses to attend the in person meetings are reimbursed by Osteoporosis Canada.
The Board Development Committee of the Board is seeking volunteers to fill several vacancies that will be occurring this year. Nominees should have shown leadership at the local or national level, have demonstrated excellence in their own field of expertise, and be willing to help to govern Osteoporosis Canada with care and vision.
After evaluating the strengths of the existing Board of Directors, the Board Development Committee is seeking individuals with the following skills but not limited to:
- Previous Governance Board Experience
- Expertise in Finance, Accounting, and Risk Management
- Expertise in Human Resource Management, and Volunteer Development
- Expertise in advocacy, and government relationship
- Expertise in information technology
- Bilingual would be an asset
In addition to the specific expertise described above, the following criteria will be considered:
- Full agreement with Osteoporosis Canada’s Vision, Mission, and Values
- The ability to think ‘big picture’ and long-term
- A desire to learn and grow
- Prepared to make contribution in time and energy
- A willingness to support the fundraising activities of the Board
Submit resume and cover letter by March 31, 2019 by email, mail or fax to:
Attention: Dr. Famida Jiwa, President & CEO 1200 Eglinton Ave East, Suite 500 Toronto, Ontario M3C 1H9
Fax: (416) 696-2673 E-mail: email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please!